Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hoppy Easter!

The good ole Easter Bunny did not disappoint this morning and filled our baskets with Easter candy and chocolates. My son was quite happy to start his morning off with the breakfast of champions - jelly rabbits, chocolate rabbits and butter cream filled eggs.  If you ask him - he had jelly and eggs!  Almost a traditional American breakfast!  We had a lovely Easter morning before we got busy with all the farm chores and work that needed to be done.  This afternoon we headed out to Mr. Yesteryear Acres' brother's house to celebrate Easter with all of Mr. Yesteryear Acres' family. We had a full house from little toddlers to great grandparents. Of course the food was delicious. I don't believe there is a single Yesteryear Acres event or holiday that isn't filled with yumminess!  We had our very favorite strawberry "salad", homemade bread, baked ham, green beans, potato casserole, deviled eggs, and real salad too. Everything was soooo good.  The hummingbird cake for dessert was super yummy too!  We spent hours just laughing and talking and enjoying being part of a very big and very loving family.  It is so nice to be surrounded by love.  I love talking to Mr. Yesteryear Acres mommy and daddy. I love them so much and every time we are together, I just feel lucky to have them in my life.  I love talking to my sister-in-laws and brother-in-laws and nieces and nephews and grand nieces and grand nephews.  One of my favorite moments of the day was watching my 14 year old son who is 6'3" playing with his little cousins.  He was tossing them around and pushing them on the swing. Of course they adore him. My daughter was also playing with all the little kids and there were just smiles all around. From the Easter Egg Hunt to the delicious Easter dinner and everything in between.... It was a perfect Easter celebration. Hoppy Easter to you and to those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!