Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Day

Today was another cold day. If you were to look at the pictures we took - oh my! It looks like the most loveliest of days.  The sun is shining. The birds are singing. The sky is blue.....and my nose.... is red.....because it is one step away from frostbite. My ears are red and my fingertips are icicles! The wind was blowing at a steady 25-35mph. And it was a COLD wind! I thought it was April today. Hmmmm. I know that when Spring finally arrives for REAL - I will be SO appreciative! I will thank the spring air. I will adore the daffodils. I will smile at the spring birdies. I will admire the green grasses. *sigh*  I am ready.  The snow is no longer a welcome sight.  The cold winds are no longer a novelty. I am ready for Tulips and Easter Bunnies and Hyacinth blooming. It can't be too much longer right?  The puppies have been promised really lovely weather to romp in and they are waiting. The only thing that reminded me today was REALLY April was Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  Not only did he win the "Happy April First" contest by getting it in at 5:30am sharp - he really got me on an April Fool's joke.  I don't particularly enjoy April Fool's. I never liked it growing up and I still don't like it as an adult.  Why play practical jokes? It is never fun for the person on the receiving end! My daughter thought that Mr. Yesteryear Acres' April Fool's joke was excellent. She laughed and laughed.  My son also thought it was a good one. Even my mom thought it was funny. Everyone but me! I think Mr. Yesteryear Acres is still laughing.  I think he will still be laughing when he goes to bed tonight.  He pulled a good one today and is proud of his accomplishment. Okay - so the win goes to Mr. Yesteryear Acres for this April.  Next April - I WILL BE READY!  I have a whole year to come up with something really good.  I mean he can't win 2  years in a row. That is just wrong.  Be scared Mr. Yesteryear Acres. Be really scared! The next April Fool's is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!