Saturday, February 25, 2012

Maybe I do like snoring?

Last night I slept alone. All alone.  No Mr. Yesteryear Acres.  No little Scooter doggie. No puppies. No doggies of any kind. At first I thought - OH MY.  I will stretch out in that big bed. I might even sleep sideways.  No one will nudge me.  No one will snore.  No one will scoot over and sleep on my neck.  No one will sleep on top of my head.  It will be glorious.  I haven't slept all by myself in over a year or more.  This will be heavenly.  And then the time came to say good-bye to my daughter and I drove her back to the Naval Academy. And I drove back to the hotel...all by myself.  And I walked down the hallway to my room all by myself. And I walked in my room and suddenly the bed didn't look that comfy anymore.  It looked really lonely. No one was there to curl up on my feet and keep them warm. I miss you Blossom.  No one was there to snuggle up by my neck. I miss you Penny. No one was there to nudge me. I miss you Scooter. And no one was there to snore all night long....I miss you Mr. Yesteryear Acres. I guess I kind of like a bed full of puppies and doggies and I guess well I EVEN miss snoring. That is until - well tomorrow night when the doggies all nudge me and Mr. Yesteryear Acres keeps me up all night with his snoring. Will someone remind me how much I LOVE snoring come Monday morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!