Wednesday, February 29, 2012

LEAP YEAR!

Happy February 29th! An extra day!  I mean today isn't any ORDINARY Wednesday. February 29th only happens once every four years.  It is a day that should be celebrated.  I think it should become a holiday of sorts.  It should be that extra day you wish you always had. As if someone gave you the gift of an entire day. A day devoted to doing something really special.  Maybe February 29th should be a day shared with someone you love. It could be a spouse, child, friend, neighbor - anyone that holds a special place in your heart. February 29th could be a holiday that says, "I care about you. You mean the world to me".  People could go out of their way to make it a day to always remember. Maybe February 29th could be a day saved for doing something on your bucket list. It could be a holiday that says, "Today is THE day I will finally ________".  Imagine all the zip-line, parachute diving, parasailing adventurers that day would bring! Or perhaps February 29th could be a day devoted to crossing off a big TO DO on the list, taking a day off of work, creating a work of art, hiking through the woods, writing a special poem, making a 7 course meal....Something that says - I DID something awesome with my extra day.  Yes. February 29th should become an official, "I did something AWESOME with my extra day" holiday. It is a gift after all.  One extra day this year that we don't normally get.  I think a day like that should be appreciated. Happy Leap Year! I hope today brought smiles and hopefully a little something extra special to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!