Sunday, February 12, 2012

Snowbound

I woke up this morning to a blanket of white.  It is SO windy and my route home doesn't look too promising.  There is a winter storm warning with lots of snow, ice and very high winds. Hmmmm. I did this once.  Back in 2010,  I made a trip to see my daughter on her birthday in a blizzard.  It was a real legitimate blizzard with cars stuck on the road for 13+ hours and trucks jack-knifed everywhere. It was the scariest drive I have ever had to make. I promised myself I would never do it again. So now I am forced to figure out whether I want to brave the mountain drive back home today. Ice. Snow. High Winds. Hmmm. At least there isn't a blizzard warning. Normally, I would have already been on the road by now but I am stalling in the hopes the roads get plowed. I just checked again and e highway warning system still say both the slow and fast lanes are snow and ice covered and the warning is still in effect. Argh. Well I guess I will wait another hour and MAYBE the sun will come out and the snow will all melt away.  I can hope anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!