Saturday, February 11, 2012

MIdshipman Weekend!

One of the nicest things about being a mom of a Naval Academy midshipmen is that you get to meet and make friends with the nicest people. The midshipmen that go to the Naval Academy are just about the kindest, smartest and most devoted and selfless students you will ever meet on any college campus. They are polite, funny, and so much fun to hang out with. I always feel honored to be in their presence.  As a huge bonus, the parents of those midshipmen are equally awesome.  This weekend I have had such a great time hanging out with the most awesome group of midmoms and midshipmen.  Last night we all met for dinner and laughed and chatted the entire evening.  It was a great evening. Today was more of the same. My midmom friends and their children are just the nicest people you could ever meet.  Thank you for such a wonderful weekend! The whole event was made even more special by the fact that today is my older daughter's birthday.  I am sooooo glad I am here with her to celebrate her big day.  I know it may be a long time - probably years before I get the chance to spend her birthday with her again and I am so grateful for every second we have together.  Tonight we are going to spend the evening - just the two of us - having a yummy dinner from home and talking until the wee hours of the morning.  Happy Birthday my dear mid-daughter! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!