Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Where is my PHONE?

This afternoon I could NOT find my phone.  I looked everywhere and it was NO where to be found.  I checked like a mad woman upstairs, downstairs, in the car, in my purse, in the kitchen, in the laundry room....nada.  And then to be sure I was utterly mad - I checked all those places again.  Don't you love losing things?  Isn't it awesome to look in the EXACT same places over and over again, all the while thinking, "maybe I didn't see my phone on this completely clean kitchen counter the first 10 times I looked"....or "maybe it is in the car! Even though I JUST looked there!" Yes.  I know the actual definition of insanity is doing the EXACT same thing and expecting a DIFFERENT result, yet I still checked my car 3 times and emptied out my purse twice.  My son is away at a track meet and I was so afraid I would miss his call. Finally Mr. Yesteryear Acres came in the door and I asked him to call me.  I told him my phone was lost! Forever!  I had searched the entire house and it was missing!  He was sure I threw it away as I had been working all day upstairs cleaning.  As he dialed my number, we spaced ourselves out so we could perhaps get a small glimmer of hope in hearing my phone.  When Mr. Yesteryear Acres calls my phone it sings, "But I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more, just to be that man who walks 1000 miles to fall down at your door." It is a very fitting ringtone because as we all know - Mr. Yesteryear Acres IS that man.  As we crossed our fingers, straining to hear, hoping ........BUT I WOULD WALK 500 MILES was glaringly loud.......as if my phone were RIGHT there.  I turned around.  No phone.  Still the phone kept singing.  I turned around again. No phone.  The music was SO loud.  My phone must be SOMEWHERE right near me.  I MUST be getting warm!  Yes.  It is then that I realized............
my phone

was

in

my

back

POCKET!

Surely there must be some sort of prize for this! Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to Comment, Post Doodle Pictures and Share your Thoughts!